- Tell me a little bit about yourself(current career path, hometown/current city):
I’m a NYC-based fashion blogger and journalist and I am also a student. I have moved over ten times, originally I am from California but I also have lived in Texas and for the past nine years - New York.
- What do you believe makes your personal style unique?
Well I mean… it’s personal. There are really no words to describe it, it grows and evolves just as much as I do as a person and quite frankly I think that’s what makes it interesting.
- Who or what is your biggest style inspiration?
Oh it’s influenced by several factors: My fellow fashion bloggers play a huge role in influencing my style, I think they have the most relatable and interesting take on the trends. It’s also influenced by the city, traveling, the weather and my energy level (haha).
- What era of fashion do find in your outfits?
No direct answer for this one, it’s a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
- What’s your favorite dressing philosophy aka rules you dress by?
I try to dress weather/season-appropriately, for health and comfort reasons (i.e., I layer when it’s cold to prevent from getting sick, etc.) But other than that I don’t think in terms of rules, fashion is my only outlet to go completely wild… And sometimes I really do.
- Who are your favorite designers?
I’m going to keep you here for days ahah. I’m a die-hard accessories lover, and I of course obsess over any shoe, jewelry or handbag designer. I love Jeffrey Campbell, Rebecca Minkoff, Julian Hakes, Matt Bernson, etc. I avidly follow Mary Katrantzou (her Fall ’11 collection killed me and I’m sad I didn’t get a piece of her capsule collection from Topshop), along with Carven, Chloe, Jill Stuart, Alexander Wang, Kate Spade, and of course the greats including Chanel (Chanel-Chanel and Lagerfeld- Chanel) and Prada. The list always goes on.
- Where are your favorite places to shop?
I love online retailers - preferably ASOS, Nasty Gal. I also love fast fashion stores like Zara and H&M and vintage flea markets and consignment shops.
- Are there any key pieces you find yourself constantly wearing?
White and black t-shirts - they are like the only shirts I wear now.
- Which colors are you most looking forward to wearing this Spring?
Mint, lime, baby pink, pastel orange and the usual muted tones (whites, blacks, neutrals - they are staples.)
- What 5 items can you not leave your Apt. without?
The essentials - Phone, iPod, sunglasses, wallet and either a small bottle of perfume or lipstick.
- Do you want to take blogging professionally?
It’s already happened and regardless of being compensated, I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing - if companies and professionals like it and want to work with me that’s great, but it is first and foremost my passion and being that we are essentially living in a digital age, I know that it will somehow be a part of my life forever.
- What’s your advice for aspiring bloggers on how to stand out?
Blog because you love it. Don’t do it for money or “fame.” If that’s your goal that insincerity will eventually reveal itself in your content - trust that it’s very easy to spot. It’s okay to talk about your endeavors and be excited about them, but make sure you do it in a way that shows humility and appreciation. Also, be sure to be confident in your voice and vision - if you believe in what you’re saying and producing others will too.
- Who are your favorite stylist?
I don’t follow stylists that much but Rachel Zoe is building an amazing empire beyond styling - I was lucky enough to attend her F/W 2012 show during NYFW in September. She definitely knows her market and I give her a lot of props!
- 5 Favorite blogs:
- What else do you enjoy outside of fashion?
Being a girl!! Shopping, getting primped and pampered (ahah) - But seriously I love to spend time with family and friends as well as my boyfriend. I enjoy going to music shows, taking walks, reading, writing, and occasionally taking up dance classes - I used to be a dancer and I thought this was going to be my career-path, but alas things change!
- Inspirational quote: Keep calm and carry on.
- balienate likes this
- kourtsmartin likes this
- mysomeplace reblogged this from blueperk
- pourlamaison reblogged this from blueperk
- xangelx173 likes this
- jamiannnicole likes this
- prettier0thanyou likes this
- atunypalta likes this
- frecklebread likes this
- versacecastle reblogged this from blueperk
- randomisalifestyle likes this
- babyjeantunechi likes this
- babyjeantunechi reblogged this from blueperk
- biancacelesteco reblogged this from blueperk
- gogglestwotimes likes this
- rozeannayvette likes this
- beforewefallinlove reblogged this from blueperk
- k-pxo likes this
- jamellacanete1 reblogged this from blueperk
- lexurydaily likes this
- fashion94 reblogged this from blueperk
- cleanyourminds likes this
- fierceandfeelingmighty reblogged this from blueperk
- deadbeforedisco reblogged this from blueperk
- dzunandcerr reblogged this from blueperk and added:
- jejejbr reblogged this from blueperk
- nikkarachi likes this
- anos-de-garota likes this
- the-north-faceonline likes this
- x-in-x reblogged this from blueperk
- qristt likes this
- noeliaguzman reblogged this from blueperk
- mynikeyers12 likes this
- the-pursuit-of-fashion reblogged this from blueperk
- danekaj reblogged this from blueperk
- llenyfer likes this
- beautyandfashion101 likes this
- dontletmediey0ung likes this
- otherworldinthesky reblogged this from blueperk
- lovekarennn reblogged this from blueperk
- just-tea-for-me-thanks likes this
- daazzedandconfused reblogged this from blueperk
- kizzmykazz likes this
- allyousayisblahblahblah reblogged this from blueperk
- changa-101 reblogged this from blueperk
- remain-weird reblogged this from blueperk
- wickedfairytaleofmine reblogged this from blueperk
- wickedfairytaleofmine likes this
- fingersvoiceheartshake likes this
- parlezvous-francais reblogged this from blueperk